• Administrator
  •  

    WHITELISTS ARE OPEN AGAIN!!!

     

Server ban Appeal

Moderator: Shitmins

Locked
Subfter
Visitor
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2026 2:25 pm
Pronouns: Whatever
Gender:
Space Station 14: PetterN1

Server ban Appeal

Post by Subfter »

Your SS14 Username: PetterN1

Banning Admin's Username: MasterElzoi

Role Ban, Server Ban, or Discord Ban: Server Ban

Reason for Ban: Bigotry x1

The permaban was issued because I made a remark during OOC. The context of why I wrote what I did is explained further by MasterElzoi in the ban reason and won’t be repeated here. But it was something I said in the spur of the moment and a stupid thing for me to say. It wasn’t written with the intention of making a racist comment.

The reason for why I’m appealing this is because I do not believe that a single sentence, written in a momentary lapse of judgement, should result in a permaban. I have been on Funky for several months now and played hundreds of hours. During that time, I have never uttered a remark like this a single time prior to the incident. In a social game like SS14 where I have made thousands if not tens of thousands of statements, should make it clear that I didn’t mean to make a bigotry statement. This single remark does not reflect who I am as a person, or how I view that group in general. I also realized, almost immediately after I wrote this that I shouldn’t have said that. As I during the ahelp prior to the ban I didn’t disagree with being punished, only the severity of it.

I would therefore ask for an unban on the condition that if something like this would happen again, I get permanently banned without the right to appeal (as I am confident something like this won’t happen again). Or alternatively that my ban is reduced to a duration you admins deem fit.

 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

User avatar
Delta
Admin
Posts: 153
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2026 5:08 pm
Pronouns: they/them
Space Station 14: Delta_

departments

Re: Server ban Appeal

Post by Delta »

Hello, I'll be handling your ban appeal today.

With a vote of 0/13/0 accept/deny/other, the admin team has voted to deny your appeal.

We have a zero tolerance policy on bigotry on Funky. What this means is that any instance of bigotry is immediately met with a permanent, appeal only ban to allow the entire staff team to weigh in on the situation should an appeal be made. What was said here was agreed on by all staff involved to be a racist comment.

We understand that a momentary lapse of judgement may not make someone an inherently racist person. This ban is not an indictment of your character, but instead a denial of funky services because of conduct we do not, and will not ever permit.

The reason we are denying this appeal is twofold. Primarily, we are not confident in reading your appeal that you understand why this type of language is not permitted, or why it is bad in the first place. Instead you seem to argue here, and in the ahelp, that a permanent ban should not be applied in cases of bigotry.

Secondly, we believe that part of your appeal frames the situation dishonestly. You claim to have almost immediately realized that you shouldn't have said what you did, however logs from the ahelp showed that you did not understand that this was a bigoted comment at first, and initially defended it's use, as seen below.
Image

You may submit another appeal in a month. As a team we urge you to seriously reflect. If you disagree with our stance on bigotry and the policies we use to enforce that stance, we would urge you to consider if the Funky community is the right place for you.

 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Locked