• Administrator
  •  

    WHITELISTS ARE OPEN AGAIN!!!

     

Mentor application: Lydia

want to be a mentor for funky station? apply here!


Moderator: Shitmins

Post Reply
User avatar
Lydia
Entrepreneur
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2026 2:16 am
Pronouns: She/Her
Gender:
Space Station 14: Lydia_SinniX

departments

Mentor application: Lydia

Post by Lydia »

SS14 username:
Lydia_SinniX

Discord Username:
lydiasinnix

How old are you?
19

Have you read the requirements, and ensured you meet them?
yes

How many hours do you have on Funky?
1786H

Have you helped with whitelists before, or played Nanotrasen Career Trainer on New Player Weekend? Please elaborate on which one.
I've played NCT and have enjoyed teaching others.

What tips you off that a player might be a good fit for Funky, if anything?
Them being okay with their character dying.

Have you ever had an interesting or fun experience helping a new player? If so, tell us about it.
I taught an TA quite some time ago and it was going great! It all went smooth up until the TA (a moth) decided to walk into the SM lmao.

How do you like to teach interns or new players, if at all?
I often ask if they are familiar with the metashield and then go over all the basics depending on the department. I ask multiple times if they have questions while i am teaching.

What areas of the game would you say are your strong suit, if any?
Honestly? I know every department very well but don't get me started on more in-depth atmos. Other than that i'm reasonably familiar with each antag.

What is your favorite department? Why is it your favorite department?
My favorite department is engi because i just enjoy the calm of repairing, especially when things are dire.

Tell us a fun fact you know about the game. The more niche, the better.
very simple, there are hotkeys for interacting with things or taking things out of your bag/belt.

Tell us about a roleplay moment you fondly remember.
I fondly remember a moment where it was me, Pavel and Chrissy talisman on a derelict station where the SM had gone bad and a cleanup crew was sent. everyone went to evac (and got murdered) except for us 3 as we stayed and sent a fax to a rival company revealing what NT was trying to hide.

Are you committed to keeping up with mechanics changes and learning them so you may teach new players, and presenting a friendly, helpful face in our community?
I very much so am! while i struggle with following things on the discord, I do often ask around or figure it out ingame.

Are you willing to assist admins with whitelists by helping look over and pre-approve them?
Yes I am but I'd like a tiny bit of training/tips to make sure I do it correctly!

 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

:golove:

Post Reply