• Administrator
  •  

    WHITELISTS ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL OCTOBER 1ST.
    IF YOU HAVE MADE A WHITELIST APPLICATION PRIOR TO SEPTEMBER 1ST, IT WILL STILL BE PROCESSED.

     

Temp ban Appeal - Adriann

this is for appealing admin actions: role and game bans, notes, etc. keep in mind that it takes some time for the admin team to discuss appeals, so be patient!


Moderator: Shitmins

Post Reply
User avatar
Adriann1
Visitor
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2026 3:04 am
Pronouns: he/him/they/them
Space Station 14: Adriann

departments

Temp ban Appeal - Adriann

Post by Adriann1 »

Your SS14 Username: Adriann

Your Discord Username (only needed for Discord ban appeals): N/A

Banning Admin's Username: Fluxie

Role Ban, Server Ban, or Discord Ban: Temp server ban until Oct 3rd

Round ID (if applicable): N/A

Reason for Ban: Antag Rolling 1x / "The admin team has noticed a pattern cryoing early on into round recently, please only join a round if you intend to see the entire round through"

What lead up to the ban: As mentioned in the ban, from time to time, but especially the last week I had joined the round and cryo'd quite early on.

Why you should be unbanned: I was not doing this to roll for antagonist, some work/real life stuff occurred, especially this past week in particular, and I had to step away, as such I chose to cryo instead of going SSD with no guarantee of return and leaving a slot locked.

I never roll for antagonist in the thousand hours is SS14 and I believe around 300 in funky. I find it too stressful. I believe I have one thief game under my belt, but as far as I recall have never played nukie, traitor, wizard, ninja etc. (maybe a RK or Dragon at some point, once or twice?). I play the game more as a job simulator more than anything, so antagonist is not something I feel like playing, ever. My only other ghost roles are usually pets or mice.

As a general rule, if I feel at all unsure about if I can play the round out, I do not pick any vital role (like command) and this is why I primarily play janitor (well mostly because cleaning the station is fun). Even then I try to ensure whatever in-round business is occurring is sorted (like putting all my cleaning gear away for another jani). I would not want to cryo as an engineer before I sort out power, atmos and have another engi there to handle things, or leave patients hanging as a doctor with no other staff, etc. since that would just ruin the experience for everyone else and I would not want that to happen to me either.

I also do not ragequit cryo or anything similar due to things not going my way. Because I treat this game as a job simulator, I just do my job and RP along whatever situation occurs, there is no "win condition" for me in that regard and no round is "too boring to play".

I am applying to hopefully clarify that this was not done maliciously, to roll for an antag. I was aware of the concept of antag rolling but did not consider my behavior to be seen as a problem due to the reasons stated above, and did not fully understand it since I never play antag, though I see now reading through some Discord discussion how an admin cannot tell if we actually have antags enabled and why I may come across as someone trying to roll for it.

Going forward I will do my best to avoid joining in without intent to see the round through.

Sorry for the long post and thank you for your time!

 

POSTREACT(ions) SUMMARY

Post Reply